Are You A Student Looking for Part-Time Work?

Submitted by Career Services Staff Writer

Depending on the type of position you are seeking (on-campus or off-campus) there are two different methods for identifying and applying for part-time positoin openings.  Read through your different options below to learn more about how to search for part-time work.

1.    Are you seeking a part-time, off-campus job for Fall in the Winter Park/Orlando area?

If you answered yes, then you will want to check out Jobs for Tars via R-CareerLink from the Office of Career Services’ website for access to these awesome Part-time/Summer opportunities and many others.

  • Special Events Coordinator, Big Wheel Provisions LLC, College Park, FL (Deadline: Aug. 31. 2012).
  • Marketing/Sales, Miller Digital LLC, Orlando, FL (Deadline: Aug. 31, 2012).
  • Junior level PHP Developer, McKeever Law, Winter Park, FL (Deadline: Sept. 4, 2012).
  • Artist and Assistant, Cheri’s Art Uncorked LLC, Winter Park, FL (Deadline: Ongoing).

To apply to these and other Part-time/Summer opportunities off-campus, login to your R-CareerLink account using your Fox ID (same username and password you use to access e-mail, blackboard) through the homepage of the Career Services web site. From the R-CareerLink homepage, select the “Jobs and Internships” tab and then “Jobs for Tars” link; Once in the Jobs for Tars database  click on “Advanced Search” and go to the “Position Type” choice and select “Part-time/Summer” from the drop-down menu.  You will also want to scroll down to “State” and select Florida.  You will then hit “Submit” for results. Please follow the directions to apply for each position of interest to you.  If you need help getting your resume or cover letter materials together, attend one of our upcoming workshops or call to make an appointment in the OCS (407-646-2195).

 2.    Are you seeking a part-time, on-campus job this Fall?

If you answered yes, then check out the new Office of Student Employment (OSE), which will serve as a central office for students seeking on-campus employment. The office’s new website ( has plenty of information and resources to help you understand the new process for getting an on-campus job. There are two different types of on-campus employment at Rollins for undergraduate students: Federal Work Study positions and Rollins Student positions. Both of these types of on-campus student employment involve students assisting departments with their operational needs. The only difference between the two is the funding source and student eligibility. Please review the information on the website as well as the new student application portal. You may also follow the Office of Student Employment on Twitter and Facebook. Positions are limited, so make sure to check the website often!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s